• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VW sunroof parts

I'm sure I'm not the first to discover this, but I didn't see any mention of it in my usual pre-project research on the faq. I had a stuck sunroof that began with stuck cables and ended with a broken crank mechanism. Took a trip to the junk yard this morning and found an early 90's golf and grabbed the Golde parts that I thought might be compatible off it (for $3, mind you. $100 a side my #$%). Come to find out, the crank mech is a perfect fit - no adjustments necessary - and it actually feels more solid than the stock mechanism. Even fits the 02 crank handle. Just a heads up for those of you that weren't aware ...

'72 2002 Golf 'Adeline'

'87 325IS

and Volvo parts are even closer than VW.

Not exact, so you have to do some work, but it's not bad.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Yeah, I used 80's Volvo 240 series cables and they are a tad longer but work perfectly, paid $25 for both shipped.

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg