WOT: Little Rockers...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

May-8,-2000.jpg?dc=4675416785402130404

URL: http://groups.msn.com/1969BMW2002FORSALE/shoebox.msnw

Will be moving there in June and I'm looking for a house that's not too far from the Air Force base in Jacksonville. Any of you have any suggestions on towns I should be looking at? So far I'm leaning towards either Cabot or Sherman but I'm open to suggestions. Also I'll be looking for a good and hopefully affordable paint shop in the area. TIA

Guest Anonymous

We've got beautiful beaches, a decent sized college so there's plenty of young folks like us around, it's only a 30 minute drive into Jacksonville, and at least 3 really solid auto-body/paint shops. Plus, including my own, there's at least 2 '02s in town. Shoot me an email if you have any more questions.

Matty B

Pastelblau 76

Guest Anonymous

Country is cheaper and your more likely to find a place with a garage... : )

Jacksonville is a military town, so they see you coming.

Cabot is actually on a slight decline from being one of the "up and coming" cities: ie: expensive

About 5-7 miles farther north on hwy 167 is a small town called Ward, it's a little country town of less than 500 it'd be cheap if you can find a place.

4 miles further north is Beebe, 5000 people, nice town, still within 20-25 min drive of airbase.

South down 167 is Sherwood(and North Little Rock), which is actually built into North Little Rock which either would be pretty good picks as they are large (175k+ people combined) and still within 20-25 min.

South West (down 107) of the base is Gravel Ridge, Country, but still near enough the base that it'll prob be rented up. Farther down 107 leads into NLR again. Actually all the area is pretty good overall.

You can check out specifics on places for rent at the local newspaper www.ardemgaz.com in the classifieds.

Hope it helps, B

Guest Anonymous

May-8,-2000.jpg?dc=4675416785402130404

URL: http://groups.msn.com/1969BMW2002FORSALE/shoebox.msnw

Thanks, good info. I'm looking at 2 places over the internet right now, one is in Cabot and the other is in Ward. A real estate agent also suggested Beebe but so far I haven't found anything there. I don't really have too much of a preference between city and country but if it's country I'd want at least 1-3 acres. Thanks for the newspaper link, that should prove helpful.