• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E21 rear lens, left side - Pre-79

MoBrighta

Anybody have a pre- 8/79 (early style) E21 parts car with left side (or both) rear lights in fair-good condition, I need a lens and possibly more of the lights. please use email for faster response.

Thanks a million,

Andy

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Tail Light upgrades keep them off your tail, out of your trunk;
Headlight film keeps your 'eyes' from being scratched out or broken.

Andy, I have them both... They look to be in descent shape; more on that later when the wasps let me get a closer inspection. The car is a '78. Kevin

Fabulous, that was fast! I'll be in touch. Good luck with the wasps, I just killed three nests!

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back

• 2 weeks later...
Andy, I have them both... They look to be in descent shape;.... The car is a '78. Kevin

Kevin-

I got a set but the driver side busted in transit- Thank goodness it was insured! BTW, lenses are NLA from the dealer.

I am going down the list, and may be letting the post office pay for the next set, yours! Please pack them WELL!

Get in touch with me.

Everyone else - stay tuned. I will be optimizing these as soon as I get a complete set, and post pics of the improvements possible with early style 4-socket lights.

I am certain I can make them brighter and bigger, hopefully avoiding rear end damage to your E21 (and injury to you). I will add at least one tail light, and might be able to add a second brake light -- but not usure yet how I'll do it, since there is no 'extra' reflector/socket present like in the later E21's (after 8/79). Keep your fingers crossed.

I'm interested with the right/passenger side tail light lens for 76. Picture & price here or to sbmus01@gmail.com.

Will pay for shipping to 10017. Paypal or money order. Thanks.

Hey, have one, right side, intact, but a bit hazy, 'milky' around the edges.

I'll take a pic and send it , may take a few days (major demolition to garage starting soon). I will see if it cleans up with a little love, soap, plastic polish.

Andy

If for any reason Kevin's don't work out, I have a pair in excellent cond. - these were removed from my '78 USA 320i. In Indiana

Let's keep in touch, I may need yours, too! Depends on how my E21 tail light Optimization Project turns out, how good they look, and how many folks want to be seen, and not hurt!

Hopefully no one is in the 'Already Been Tagged' category. The lenses are NLA, sadly.

I don't know too much about the differences between early and late E21s. I have a 79 323i which males it early. Can I assume that the late lenses will simply not fit? What are the differences? My left side lens is broken and the right side does not look that great either so I may be looking for replacements soon. The car is still an unfinished project.

I may be looking for early hubs too.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

I don't know too much about the differences between early and late E21s. What are the differences?

Early lenses have the tail light (smallest bulb) next to the turn signal, a big brake light section, and four sockets/reflectors. Late lights have the tail light in the middle, and five reflectors that are more or less the same size. They are not interchangeable, plus I read on the board it's a bit of a PIA to swap, with sheet metal work and so forth.

Let me know which ones you have, and I'll try to help if I can.