• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 02 with retard distributor help

Swiftus

Dudes! Just a quick question here... Do I use the vacuum advance port on a Weber 32/36 for a car with a 74 Retard distributor? I know that normally manifold vacuum retards at idle and port does not, but this whole retard distributor thing is twisting with my brain.

Let me know whats up. I also promise to speak more like a human if it pleases the crowd.

J Swift
Global Formula Racing (Oregon State University)

1972 Opel GT "Mae"

in your case you are better leaving it disconnected since there is no more ported vacuum for such application on the weber carb.

the nipple on the weber carb is for advance feature only. if you connect your retard dizzy there you will lose a lot of performance at part throtle. it does the oposite of what you want.

you may connect it to one of the empty nipple on the intake, the one right under the carb in the middle of the plenum, pointing to the passenger side, it makes almost the same as the one on the solex meant for the retard (vacuum only or almost only at idle), along with the fuel regulator (if you still have it !)

hth

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel