• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Difference between hood and trunk badges, quality, pricing

I've searched here and on ebay, googled, etc and it seems like pricing for the hood and trunk badges is all over the place, new or "like new" ranging from $15 to $45. They all claim to be oem and come with the little plastic inserts. What's the difference? all 3 paint colors on mine are faded pretty bad. Any suggestions or ones to stay away from? Thanks, Jay

1971 BMW 2002 Chamonix

The original "raised" type metal badges are still available from BMW Classic (formerly Mobille Tradition) through a variety of sources. They are much higher quality than the cheapo aftermarket badges and still within the price range you suggest. I'd try Blunt Tech Industries fwiw. Support your fellow FAQ'er.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Thanks, blunt's was actually the first place I looked based on recommendation from another person here on the forums. Blunts were lower priced ($16-18), are they the "raised" ones?

http://www.blunttech.com/ShopByVehicle.epc?q=&yearid=1974@@1974&makeid=31@@BMW&modelid=13613@@2002&catid=241766@@Body+Mechanical+%26+Trim&subcatid=241868@@Emblem&applicationid=W0133-1631450@@Emblem&mode=PA

1971 BMW 2002 Chamonix

I found it humorous that the BMW roundels (factory original parts) are made in Tiawan. You'd think that would be the ONE part they would keep manufactured in Germany at all costs. That's probably why- it all costs.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Thanks, blunt's was actually the first place I looked based on recommendation from another person here on the forums. Blunts were lower priced ($16-18), are they the "raised" ones?

Ask him, I doubt they are the raised letter ones at that price but are STILL less expensive than the same plastic ones from BMW-NA

------------------------

why list 'em...they're all projects anyways!

We got those roundels raised style if I'm not mistaken they are 14usd front and 25usd rear.

Let me know if I can help you!

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

please let me know if you find metal rear badges... as of less than a year ago when i did research (a few suppliers including Blunt) and the only metal badges were for the hood and only plastic available for the trunk.

I need a metal one for my trunk... my girlfriend, as lovely as she is, can't ever seem to remember not to close the lid with her palm on my new plastic badge... it's all dented in and never has fit as flat as the original metal one.

I'm thinking of just buffing out and repainting my old and ugly one... but my detail painting skills suck and I'm not sure if it would turn out well enough for me.

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

Going to try and see if any metal ones are still available.

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978