• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

currently sitting in my 2002 and it starts but dies

Its like 105 degress right now and I'm baking in the sun. Someone help me.

My car drove here fine. Started fine when I left. It starts, then when I press on the gas to go, it dies. Please help! Any quick fixes so I don't have to tow. I'm melting here!!

I was like Friday, whats up? and Friday was like whaaaaaaaaa

try:

Popping the gas cap

adding gas to the tank

checking the fuel filter for fuel

removing the fuel line from the carb and cranking the car to see if you are getting gas from the pump.

if you have the little fuel bypass valve between the carb and pump, by pass the thing and see if you then get fuel from the pump

just my thoughts

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Points ? are they pitted ? Back when I was a newb, all my stranded 2002 episodes ended up in my brother showing up & finding out my points were worn or pitted. I started keeping sand paper in car tool box & lightly sanding them would restore operation.

2002 owner since 1980

call a tow truck. just joking:) last time i was stranded on the side of the 405 it was the type of power that i had my MSD 6a connected to for example it needed to see system voltage (12.6v or higher) while cranking or regular operation. i realize you didnt give any info on your car. so garbage in garbage out.

I think it eneded up being more serious than I thought. I had a friend come out to help me and he got it running but on if he was on the gas. It wouldn't idle, and then it started making high pitch scratching sounds like metal on metal. I check the oil and bam. Absolutely no oil! I just had an oil change done at pro lube about a week ago! Can it be burning that much oil? I check my drive way for oil leak spots and its clean...

I think it eneded up being more serious than I thought. I had a friend come out to help me and he got it running but on if he was on the gas. It wouldn't idle, and then it started making high pitch scratching sounds like metal on metal. I check the oil and bam. Absolutely no oil! I just had an oil change done at pro lube about a week ago! Can it be burning that much oil? I check my drive way for oil leak spots and its clean...

so you had to add how many quarts ?

( 4 ) ?

yea, dat's serious .

either no oil was put in at the oil change?,

or your drain bolt has gone missing and

you lubed the road before it parked in yer driveway????

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"