• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FloFit seat tilt release is not... releasing

doog

I was wondering whether anyone has any insight into the seat tilt latching mechanism for FloFit seats. The mechanism on my driver's seat was working fine until a month ago, and now it will not fully release; that is, while there's a bit of movement, even with a good amount of effort, it will not release. Consequently, the seat is stuck in the most upright position. When I removed the cover of the mechanism yesterday, it looked like it was not easily serviced. Perhaps I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks.

doog,

your best best is to remove the plastic cover which is only held by a few philips head screws. take a gander, the answer might be obvious once you pull the cover and lifting the handle while you look. i can post pics tomorrow since i have my flo-fits completely disassembled for a leatherique treatment and dyeing to black

Although I'm not familiar with the flowfit seats, I had a similar problem with my recaro seat and it turned out the release cable had come off it's roller guide. It's in a really tight place, I was able to bend a bicycle wheel spoke into a small hook and pull the cable back into place.

Thanks for the pictures and tip.

I had taken off the cover, but doing so didn't really provide any insight; the lever mechanism was mostly hidden between the metal plates that were joined with the large, permanently "riveted" pins.