• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please your input is valuable (Wheels) (nt)

LeMoMo

(nt)[/img]

I want to get some Rota staggered 13inch

I see most people are using 14 or 15 inch can anyone tell me the difference.

The reason I want to go with the 13 inch is because I want to have a low look. I am using IE stage 1 and Billstein shocks.

post-1466-13667645042697_thumb.jpg

72 BMW Tii
07 BMW 530 Xit wagon

Sorry if I'm just mis-reading your question, but are you asking what the difference is between a 13" wheel and a 15" wheel? If so, the answer is diameter. If you are looking for more specific feedback about what will fit and meet your desired look, I'd suggest providing a more detailed question. Best of luck.

Thank you for your reply, I am talking about the rubbing issue, whether I would have to roll my fenders. A friend told me that the 13 inch tires are hard to come by. I went through the forum and notice a lot of 14 and 15. I am trying to understand.

72 BMW Tii
07 BMW 530 Xit wagon

13" performance tires are getting hard to come by. If you don't really need a high performance tire, then there are some options at 13" that will work. There aren't a whole lot of options at 14" in performance tires either, although better than at 13". At 15", the selection of tires improves significantly.

As far as width, with stock fenders, you're probably not wanting to exceed 195 in width. I have a car on lowering springs and 195/60/14 tires and I have no rubbing whatsoever.

I think it's hard to find a 195/70/13 tire. 185/70/13 is much more common. The 185/70/13, 195/60/14 and 195/50/15 are all within a couple of % of one another in overall circumference, so there should not be much of an issue with speedometer inaccuracy and how low the car sits.

Keep in mind I am not an expert in this area, I just have read a bit on this board and talked to some people who know more than I do.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Tires for wide 13's are a pain in the ass to find. I just got a set of staggered 13x8/6 BBS's and im having a seriously hard time getting tires. Sumitomo discontinued the HTR 200 in 13", which was the cheapest and best option for 205/60/13 and 215/50/13. There are a few other tires that come in those sizes, but are all seriously crap tires. Toyo R888's come in 215/50/13, but at 180$ a pop... Same with Kumho Ectas. 215/50/13 at 160 a piece.

Tire selection is only one of the things you need to consider. The other crucial factor for avoid fender or wheel well rubbing is the offset of the wheel. Make sure you understand this and buy wheels with an appropriate offset.

205 60 13 is a good tire size , but you will prob have to roll your fenders some depending on your offset. As mentioned above tire selection is limited , there is a current thread here about a federal street tire thats available. There is a picture of my last 02 towards the end of the pictures of your wheels thread and its on 205 60 13s and is pretty low.