• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door pin welded to bracket-- Why?

hnichols

This is what I found when I went to install a new door brake on the passenger side (driver's side, no problem). Looks like the PO welded the pin to the bracket. Before I abort the mission, I'm wondering if anyone might have a creative solution. A shot in the dark, but who knows?

Thanks!

Hugh

post-17949-13667644957031_thumb.jpg

hnichols

Thanks -- that's what I figured. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about metalwork and welding, so it's probably not worth it for me to fix, not now anyway. My wife will just have to deal with the door closing on her legs -- an incentive for her to drive ...

hnichols

Thanks -- that's what I figured. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about metalwork and welding, so it's probably not worth it for me to fix, not now anyway. My wife will just have to deal with the door closing on her legs -- an incentive for her to drive ...

find my how-to thread on the "weld free fix" method. wrote it a year or so ago.

-found it...here

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,335241/highlight,door/

2xM3

Molly's got that problem, too. I gather that the two bolts you used to hold the bracket in place clear the door-brake bolts. But now I have to remove the kick panel, etc... I was going to get Kenny at Master Crafters to fix this, along with a host of other little things, but he doesn't seem to have the time to deal with my car. Anyway, thanks!

David Roach

Molly (Inka 1973 2002)

Bobby (Sapphire 2004 330xi - the new kid)

Root Boy (White 2002 Tacoma)