kpolito99

Foundation for a Turbocharged S14-M10 Hybrid

40 posts / 13918 viewsLast Reply

Very nice!

Cheers,

Ray

Thanks Ray. Man I bet your 73 is a blast to slide around the streets with the 2.5 liter S14 under the hood?

-later

Heheh. One of our staff has a 2010 Camaro. I gave him a ride yesterday after he asked "is that a diesel?" when looking at the S14. I don't often have the car sideways but I made an exception yesterday! :-D

Thomas at Cars and Concepts would probably be interested to see your beast. I don't know his depth on turbos, but he knows his way around DOHC Bimmers and others. I may send mine to him if I manage to not find enough free time for some serious tinkering.

Take care,

Ray

Very nice!

Cheers,

Ray

Thanks Ray. Man I bet your 73 is a blast to slide around the streets with the 2.5 liter S14 under the hood?

-later

I know Thomas and have been to C&C once or twice. I prefer to do all my own work.

Not sure if they have invested in a dyno yet, but I have no use for shops that don't have an eddy current dyno which can be used to properly map a standalone EFI system.

I've done a little tuning at Sam's place Coastal Chassis dyno in Brandon and lately have been working with Jason and Heritage Motor Research in St Pete. Jason has a very nice facility and tunes some very exotic racing cars in addition to doing machine work and restoring vintage Porsches.

Jason has a lot of experience with MoTeC and most likely I will be doing all the low-mid throttle mapping and will bolt up to HMC's dyno for the high load tuning.

Take care,

Kurt

Umhm. I wasn't particularly suggesting that he wrench for you; just that he'd be interested to see (tho I know him via internet only).

... I'm running open loop alpha n now (with Innovate wb display), but will spring for the closed-loop wbO2 version when I get a chance.

Cheers,

Ray

Thomas and Steve have seen my 02. I think I went to an open house at their place during a local BMWCCA swap meet several years ago.

Hey Kurt I hope all is well and the new motor is a monster! I finally learned to shift slower and let the boost do the work for me and now am finally about to build a real motor with studs, a multi-layer gasket, and a better tubular manifold to get to some real numbers. I look forward to getting together sometime soon and seeing your ride again after so many years. Boost on and let me know when you ever get up to Orlando to go for a ride or drive!

Hey Curtis,

The engine is completed but I sold my entire engine management system and have not had the time to install the MoTeC M84 yet.

I think this engine is going to be strong and well prepared to handle the beating it will undergo. Jon Volk built me a custom tubular header so there will be no compromises this time.

Got re-married about a year ago, been doing a ton of home renovations and tinkering with my new motorcycle. Just haven't had the time to sit down and re-wire the 2002.

I really miss driving her but with work and family obligations there just isn't enough time to go around.

Is your orange rocket running again? I am hoping to take a break from the house mods in September when the temperature begins to cool down and focus on the car again.

Hope all is well.

Kurt

Sounds about the same here, I just finished up recently getting an E30 M3 motor rebuilt and that whole car up to speed. I got it as a pile of parts and she is now running around, cold a/c, new stereo, and a million other new bits. I also bought a house a couple years ago so have that fun as well when cars aren't enough.

My '02 runs but has an oil leak that drips on the exhaust and I think it's from the headgasket honestly so I don't drive it much. It still makes power but the e bottom end with i top end is just too low of compression once off boost. I have another M20 that I am tearing apart this week and going to rebuild and swap in hopefully shortly.

Hope all is well and we can both eventually have a turbo 2002 Florida meet again soon!