• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New roof rack pics

Lebowski

I ordered this roof rack about two months ago and arrived over the weekend just in time for Father's Day. Had a little time tonight to mount it before storms and hail came through... sorry if the pics look a bit rushed. The wood used is fir and is stained with an "ebony" stain and varnish. Looks black but in direct light you can see the grain and tone of the wood come through. Really nicely made and very sturdy anchoring and support system. I also really like how low it sits in relation to the roof...

Let me know what you guys think!

post-14664-13667644865754_thumb.jpg

post-14664-13667644868238_thumb.jpg

post-14664-13667644870318_thumb.jpg

post-14664-13667644872547_thumb.jpg

post-14664-13667644874997_thumb.jpg

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love it! That thing looks like it came off the Titanic! All that chromey goodness. It matches really well with your other fittings...the antenna mount and your seat belt bracket. I bet it is as sturdy as an oak coffee table too.

Who made it for you?

brad.

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

Thanks Brad... it does have more of a 50's nomad wagon vibe than euro/VW aesthetic, but I like it. It is really sturdy, the company even sells a rubber-backed platform for the bottom that they claim you can stand on. I don't think I'll try it though. The supports and rail is all polished aluminum and this thing is much lighter than expected... only weighs about 25#...

The company is Classic Racks, and Michael the owner was great about making sure this one would fit perfectly for a 2002. I think he said it was their first BMW rack...

post-156-13667644877524_thumb.jpg

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...

Love the wheels, too. What are they?

Thanks for noticing... my fave wheels of all time. Schmidt TH lines...

Aaron

Way nice, how about a pic of the motor to back up the "nice rack" comments?

John

Ha, thanks John... here's the latest one I have. Unfortunately I've been taking some time to think about my next step after the latest turbo manifold failure. I'm thinking of building a stroker m10 turbo built around an s14 evo 2.5L crankshaft. I've never touched the bottom end of this motor and I don't want to repair my manifold to have the bottom end let go and have to do this all again. Which leads to the next thought... why not paint the thing if the engine is coming out... which leads to why not do Rob Torres e30 rear subframe swap while the drivetrain is out... I guess the spiral continues!

I probably would have held off on buying this roof rack if I would have known I was going into extended scope-creep hibernation... but I already had the order in and didn't want to cancel a custom order.

post-14664-1366764488041_thumb.jpg

Aaron

'02 and roof rack are all sorts of awesome... love it! Especially the red interior... very cool contrast. You've made Sahara look so much more interesting than my car.

Can you pick up radio stations from Munich with that antenna?

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

Aaron

that roof rack and the wheels look amazing on your car.

that's really one of my favorite colors. someday i'll get one that color. ;)

be safe out there in kansas.

Dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0

only special people get to ride in it.

Nice rack, does it fit the Caddy?

Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007