• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chicago Area Events?

Hi all,

I'm interested in learning and seeing some 2002's in the greater Chicagoland area. I'm in Northwestern Indiana actually. Hoping to rejoin the BMWCCA soon if it's a good resource and worthwhile. I never got much out of it previously.

Does anyone know of local events, shows, etc. where I could look, talk, and learn?

Thanks!

Matt

'03 BMW M3

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, join BMWCCA. It's a brilliant club.

The Vintagefest, which I understand has been upgraded to a regional event will be held at ZF's facility on Sunday, 11 Sept. Sadly, Baby II, wont be there because this event was scheduled during the Bears home opener v. the Falcons, and I've got tickets.

It's not just for '02s, everthing will be there. Check out WindyCity's web site at www.windycitybmw.com for more info.

I was there last year and it was just Windy City and it was a big event. It'll probably be bigger this year with the surrounding clubs coming down.

1970 Atlantikblau 

'11 135i "The Red Rocket"
'13 F10 M 

'07 Carrera GT3 "The Flying Banana"

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, the Vintage Fest this year will be at ZF in Vernon Hills, but will be on 9/24. There is no charge to attend, but we are having the event catered this year, so there will be a charge for food (brats, hot dogs, veggies, etc) as shown on the chapter's website. BMW CCA members get a discount ($8 compared to $12)

Y'all come!

vince

• 2 weeks later...

Ooops. Screwed that date up with the Vintage Car event in Elkhart Lake. So, I WILL be there at ZF. BTW, anyone need a slightly used stainless steel muffler for a 2002? Makes a Brrrraaaaappp kind of sound.

1970 Atlantikblau 

'11 135i "The Red Rocket"
'13 F10 M 

'07 Carrera GT3 "The Flying Banana"