• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

thanks for your support, if not 02, then What ?

york

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the encouragement

also please tell me why so many 2002faq guys only think of a 02 as a project ?

it seems they all want a cheap acess to BMW and if had the money would not be a 2002er

I'd be a baller, if I had a portfolio to support my whimsey.. but this city already has one, and there isn't room for two.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

yes jim it is difficult, and there are those amoung us who are looking

to play car fixer games, been there done that.

and its really sad to hear guys state that there are no rust free examples out there, since Ive seen what a really nice restored car looks like and I want one.

It seems that most of the posts on 2002faq are from guys who

only own a 2002 because they can not afford another BMW

I want a 2002 because I love them. As I WAIT FOR THE RIGHT CAR

I may buy a 330i or m3 to drive and buy the 2002 when it shows up.

Don't just drive around in a 02, drive a 02 around North America

Every body help out here with a suggestion for a fun/light weight/ manual /

coupe, I dig the 2004-06 cars What would you buy (until the right 2002)

thanks again

Perhaps a bit eclectic but if it's for the time being I'd consider:

2004-2008 Honda S2000

Lotus Exige

any M3 (I like the E46 a lot)

Datsun 510

BMW 2002 (until the right 02 becomes available)

Porsche 356

I know what you mean about wanting a perfectly original restored 02. I found one last year (not your color combo) but the asking price was a bit out of reach.

Pete

This as gotten really useless and stupid.

York...at this rate, you'll never find an 02 that will meet your standards. Buy something else, and move on with your life. Whether you've joined this site to either, A, flaunt the fact that you have a shit–ton of money burning a hole in your pocket...or, B, just want people to believe that. Either way, I think you're missing the boat on why 02ers own/drive 02's. BTW...nobody here is impressed.

Polaris '71 2002tii Touring

DS '88 M3

Agave '73 2002

e46 Touring

Titanium 05 X3 Si

touringtiiweb.jpg

Honestly, I think the way you are going to find the car you want is to travel to some of the Vintage BMW shows and find a car you like. Shows like the Vintage that just happened, the Vintage at Saratoga, Brisbane, So-Cal, etc. Anywhere that you can see 50+ 02's in one place will be a good thing. While many of these cars may not be "for sale", I would bet there is someone out there with a car you would like that would sell it for the right price. With a budget of up to 35k I think you could drive away from one of these shows in an 02. The benefit of going to shows would be that you could see the full gamut of cars out there, and you would have a ton of people that could help "inspect" the car. Also, it is much better than flying out to see just one car, and you can experience the 02 scene.

PS. When you are replying to someone that left a message, hit "Quote" rather than reply so we know who you are responding too.

1973 2000 Touring "Lars"

1967 2000cs "Fritz"

1974 2002tii

1984 Euro 635csi

1999 M Coupe

Honestly, I think the way you are going to find the car you want is to travel to some of the Vintage BMW shows and find a car you like. Shows like the Vintage that just happened, the Vintage at Saratoga, Brisbane, So-Cal, etc. Anywhere that you can see 50+ 02's in one place will be a good thing. While many of these cars may not be "for sale", I would bet there is someone out there with a car you would like that would sell it for the right price. With a budget of up to 35k I think you could drive away from one of these shows in an 02. The benefit of going to shows would be that you could see the full gamut of cars out there, and you would have a ton of people that could help "inspect" the car. Also, it is much better than flying out to see just one car, and you can experience the 02 scene.

PS. When you are replying to someone that left a message, hit "Quote" rather than reply so we know who you are responding too.

Well said!!!

This what I was going to suggest. York a lot of folks here have given great advise please do not take it for granted.

Good luck in the search,

Jb

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com