• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting - 5sp Sport Gearbox Available?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

For some reason I thought that these were NLA long time ago. Was just checking max's website and it is available - granted it is $3,739.00, but its new (apparently)....here's the link to Max's. Am I missing something here?

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2581&mospid=47131&btnr=23_0777&hg=23&fg=05

www.alpinabmw2002.com

For some reason I thought that these were NLA long time ago. Was just checking max's website and it is available - granted it is $3,739.00, but its new (apparently)....here's the link to Max's. Am I missing something here?

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2581&mospid=47131&btnr=23_0777&hg=23&fg=05

www.alpinabmw2002.com

this is kinda hard to explain, but the short explanation is that the trans is no longer available

Ken Inn

www.alpinabmw2002.com

this is kinda hard to explain, but the short explanation is that the trans is no longer available

I've run into this before :(. You get your hopes up seeing a price listed when checking on a certain hard to find item, order it then find out you cannot get it. I guess there are too many items to keep up with.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Guest Anonymous

I have one so I don't need one, that said, if I needed one and saw that there I would be bummed to find it a no-go. I guess I am not surprised, not like there are that many folks out there looking for them that it would make economic sense.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

will to bet you have received more than one "hate" email after telling someone HA, its really NOT available.

I have one so I don't need one, that said, if I needed one and saw that there I would be bummed to find it a no-go. I guess I am not surprised, not like there are that many folks out there looking for them that it would make economic sense.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

will to bet you have received more than one "hate" email after telling someone HA, its really NOT available.

Just for clarification, I wasn't looking to buy a tranny - it was another part.

Jim Gerock

Ken was trying to be nice, but I will give you the real background. BMW puts a price on some minority of parts and leaves them as marked in the system as available when in fact there is no stock and they are just gathering back orders to make a reproduction run. So when it hits a critical number of back orders for a given part number, then they reproduce it. Makes our job on as the front end guys hell trying to explain this weird logic. Remember folks, "marketing" is an American word that has been adopted to the German language.

Anyway, add to the fact that we are handed a new price file every month that has over 600,000 part numbers and by the time we run an update report and proof the BMW inventory, it's time for a new price file. Keeping up with what is what on this minority segment of parts is a moving target to say the least......And we give BMW feedback about errors, but it has to be run through the SAP system at BMW, hahahahaha good luck, like watching paint dry.

Now you know the rest of the story,

Max

Maximillian Importing Company

www.bimmer.com

800-950-2002

classicbmwparts@gmail.com

Ken was trying to be nice, but I will give you the real background. BMW puts a price on some minority of parts and leaves them as marked in the system as available when in fact there is no stock and they are just gathering back orders to make a reproduction run. So when it hits a critical number of back orders for a given part number, then they reproduce it. Makes our job on as the front end guys hell trying to explain this weird logic. Remember folks, "marketing" is an American word that has been adopted to the German language.

Anyway, add to the fact that we are handed a new price file every month that has over 600,000 part numbers and by the time we run an update report and proof the BMW inventory, it's time for a new price file. Keeping up with what is what on this minority segment of parts is a moving target to say the least......And we give BMW feedback about errors, but it has to be run through the SAP system at BMW, hahahahaha good luck, like watching paint dry.

Max

Let me guess, another one of these items is the turbo spoiler. Well, tell BMW it's too late. I found a Zender. ;)

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Guest Anonymous

Max, interesting info. I guess the old saying it true, "if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is".... that said I have scored more deals by simply asking the question and or taking the extra step to do a little more investigation.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

run through the SAP system at BMW, hahahahaha good luck, like watching paint dry.

Max

That is all you have to say Max. We switched over to SAP about 1 year ago.

Jim Gerock