• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine Mount and front spring question

mariom2

I have a 1972 Tii with the S14 motor conversion, does anyone know if I could use the Tii stock motor mounts or do I need to use the M3 mounts. I am not sure if I need to match the frame or the engine or both. At this point I have the Ireland Engineering eurthane mounts and am experiencing significant vibration. Everything else has been replaced, including a bent drive shaft, new guibo etc. at about 1800 RPM I am getting this vibration, even if the car is not moving.

Second question, is anyone using coll overs? If so, any recommendations? My springs have been cut down a bit (Ireland Stage 1) and they are coming off the perch. I am not sure if there is a fix for this, or do I, need to replace springs or not.

Any info. would be helpful.

72- Tii M2

87- Porsche 911 Turbo

01- Mercedes CLK Cabrio

07-Touareg V8

91- NSX

08- VW GTI

s14 block uses same engine mounting as m10. just get stock 2002 engine mounts (same as tii).

the urethane mounts transmit a buzzy vibration at all rpm's, not just in 1800 range. you have another issue somewhere else. are the TB's synched?

and yes, a large number of folks use adjustable spring perches. all 2002's come stock with "coilovers", as that is what a mcpherson strut is. the coil spring is over the damper. many, many threads on suspension options.

2xM3