• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics of tii strut brake line plumbing

Somchai

I'm just about to hook up the brakes on my 02. Does anyone have any decent shots of how the twin hard lines run from the caliper up to the bracket on the strut ? My original lines aren't any help as the car was a basket case when I bought it. And I have upgrades the brakes using IE's vented kit.

Most of the other runs are simple enough but the tight exit from the caliper is hard to figure. Thanks in advance :)

Somchai, this is the best I can do. It is a tight bend, it is tighter than most tubing benders will bend, I think I did this by hand around the handle of something. Hope it helps.

Also, one time, with the caliper not attached to the strut tube, I screwed the lines into the caliper then slowly bent them by hand until I thought they would clear the strut tube.

struts8.jpg

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Thanks Bill. That's just what I need. It was the 'tightness' of the bends that had me worried. Like you say too small a radius for a bender. Guess it will have to be the old two bolts and a vice trick and some 'hand forming'

Thanks for posting.