• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help wanted on Webers....

jgmgti

My throttle cable broke yesterday and left me for dead.Need some help with a repair,food,beer,you name it I will provide.

Please e-mail me at jgm at starpower dot net

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Jonathan -

Sorry to hear about the issues. Do you know what type of linkage and cable your car has (I cannot remember)? A picture would help. Maybe Paul W. can chime in on what the car has.

Jim

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

if you have the weber universal linkage kit, and you need the cable(99006103) good luck. the weber distributor is out, and est 2 weeks for more. of course, like most stuff, it was supposed to be here last week tuesday. we have been waiting for a cable for a set going out of country for a while now.

Ken Inn

You should be able to get a cable from a bicycle shop... I've got the Top End Performance linkage, and the cable itself is just a Shimano brand one..

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

You should be able to get a cable from a bicycle shop... I've got the Top End Performance linkage, and the cable itself is just a Shimano brand one..

excellent. got a part number? i have never seen this cable, so i dunno length, ends, etc.

http://www.redlineweber.com/html/linkage_sets/UNIVERSAL_CABLE_KIT.htm

Sorry, I couldn't find a part number on my cable. Should it ever break on me, my plan was to take the remains to a bicycle repair shop and ask them to find something similar... but this one seems pretty sturdy, so I doubt it'll break like my last one.

http://www.racetep.com/02cable.html

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Still could use some help guys.I'm lost with this cable system.

Any help would be appreciated alot.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

just take the broken cable parts to a decent bike shop and ask them to make you a new one. no need for shimano part number. it is just standard brake/shifter cable with pressed on ends. the threaded adjustment ends can be reused when they make the new cable.

i did that for my broken cable at Spokes, etc...a DC area bike store chain.

if still an issue, post up some pics John so we can see exactly what broke.

2xM3

The cable is frayed and broke at the brake booster.I am lost from here need a set of skilled eyes and hands.

jgngti

Marshall,

Any time for help if posssible??

The cable is frayed and broken thru at the brake booster.I can't figure the cable out for the life of me.

jonathan

The cable is frayed and broken thru at the brake booster.I can't figure the cable out for the life of me.

jonathan

the pic above appears to be the weber universal linkage

http://www.redlineweber.com/html/application_guide/deluxe_cable_linkage_for_dcoe_ca.htm

you might have the racetep linkage, which is different

http://www.racetep.com/02cable.html

if you have the weber, then the cable is 99006103. if you have the racetep, you will have to call them

Ken Inn

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I'm brand new to the board but not BMW's. I also got an e30 and an e28. I'm in Alexandria as well.

I just put on the new redline linkage for my dual DCOE's. I'm having issues routing the throttle cable though. How should I secure it to the pedal linkage?

I'm usually around if anyone needs an extra hand. Just shoot me an email.

Pete