• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car transport - 02 related

Cruzr

Good Morning:

Looking for information on car transport services from the west coast, preferably the San Francisco area, to transport to the East Coast.

If you have used any services to transport an 02 that you bought/sold to someone in the east coast, I would like to hear from you.

Did you use an enclosed transport? Approximate cost and to what area?

Thanks

Robert in NJ
73 2002 (Verona)

72 2002tii (Verona)

DAP

dependable auto transport

Always "done good"

3421912 ask john

Red Baron a 74 sedanw/ dual webers ,spring,steins,bars. body shop for a full make over

Red Baroness a 71 1600 touring new to me and on the street in Limburg

Old Reliable a 93 318 m42's are soooo cool

http://www.dasautoshippers.com/

Shipped a 1973 2002 from SFO to New Orleans. Approx $750 and 13 days. Two days shorter than quoted. The car was trackable the entire route. It was not enclosed so the car was dirty when it arrived, otherwise excellent service.

Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

I've used Thomas Sunday twice cross country. It's about $1,100. I've had great results with them.

http://www.sundayautotransport.com/

They only have a few drivers and each owns his own tractor (they lease the trailers). The same driver picks up your car, transports it and delivers it to you. You have no "hand off," as with some of the other companies, and most of the non-enclosed services. Usually, the non-enclosed services all quoted about the same x-country price - $750-800.

Bill Williams on this board transports exotics and other collectibles. His Facebook page has most of his exploits. I'm not sure if Bill does x-country - I'll let him answer. I went with Tho. Sunday only after checking with Bill first (Bill was booked).

Robert, I figure that using a company like the one Otis mentions, and guaranteeing them a full load of cars from the same origin going to the same destination, will get you a significant lower price per car, and a shorter transit time.

A two-driver team could probably do coast to coast in three days or less.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290