• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VIN #2583823. Who had it before me?

1972 Malaga 2002.

Saw another post with a VIN search and I figured I'd give it a shot. Would love to know who had this car before me, I'm sure they'd love to see it now as well as when it's done being restored next summer.

Would also love to know why it has a salvaged title, I can't figure that out for the life of me.

Thank guys.

1972 2002 Malaga (soon to be Verona) daily driver/project.

you should make a closer examination of the car ::

http://usedcars.about.com/od/usedcarhistories/a/CASalvage.htm

I was in a small accident where a tour bus was backing up and bonked my nose, barely, and damaged the hood and the nose. Based on the previously salvaged title and condition of my car, they totaled my car AGAIN from this accident, so it's no longer a case of SHOULD the car be salvaged (in my case it shouldn't have been, oh well) but I just want to know why it was in the first place.

Thanks CD.

1972 2002 Malaga (soon to be Verona) daily driver/project.

Since these cars aren't worth much, all things considered, it doesn't take a big hit to salvage them. Fixing a '72 BMW 2002's sheetmetal is generally pricier than repairing a 2002 BMW 325i's sheetmetal for a variety of reasons. So, many insurance companies just find it easier to salvage one of these old cars. In other words, a lightly crumpled nose is enough to send a car to salvage!

As for the VIN, our resident librarian, Les, will have to check in.

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara