• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moronic video from the Vintage

This video is far too long, and the sound quality is akin to having your ears stuffed with Cheetos. But for those of you who are shut-ins, gainfully or gleefully unemployed, or simply unambitious to the point of lethargy, this video may postpone your suicide for 30+ minutes. For those of you without immediate plans to end your life, I suggest you lock up your firearms and dispose of any poisons prior to viewing. And for those of you who will watch this video in its entirety and eagerly anticipate the next installment in this videolog (planned for next week), try not to choke to death on your own tongue while viewing.

http://vimeo.com/24602603

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

I made it to the U-turn at ~3:30. And then I had to get some medication for my swollen tongue.

Why's that car running a wbO2? Specs/blog anywhere? Not sure how I manage to go to a car show and not look at any cars!

Nice meeting you (afaik)! ;-)

Cheers,

Ray

Driver change occurs at 17 minute mark.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Ray,

It was a pleasure meeting you at the Vintage. I took several thousand photos during my build, but the harddrive on which I stored them died recently. I haven't had the time to go back through the recovered files to reorganize and document the build. Something to do over the winter months.

The motor is an Eric Kerman 2.3 liter stroker with dual 40's. The WBO2 is there to enable me to ensure I've successfully impaired the motor after other, wiser folks have worked their magic on the carbs. The oil pressure and oil temp gauges are not yet connected.

Jay is driving (like an old lady) up until the 17 minute mark.

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

True genius. Classic "Direct Cinema" documentary genre. The artists clearly know their audience and what captivates them. Rarely will a movie will pull in from the first frame and keep you engaged to the final fade out as this film does. I give this film 5 stars!

Oh… and at minute 16, the passenger takes a bathroom break.

Mike

73 tii #2764014

How did you derelicts manage to go from D.C. to Winston-Salem via West Virginia logging roads? It doesn't speak well for your gps.

David Roach

Molly (Inka 1973 2002)

Bobby (Sapphire 2004 330xi - the new kid)

Root Boy (White 2002 Tacoma)

28:02 - Pass a guy with a road-appropriate vehicle.

33:40 - Tense up.

Please tell me that the camera was on when you modified the tie rod end!

Looks like fun. I would have posted some video of my trip, but monotonously bleeding the coolant system for the tenth time while listening to a Warrenton, VA redneck wax intellectual and gratuitously drop the N-word wouldn't exactly rivet anyone to their monitor.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

i think the tie rod mod is coming in the next installment of the "morons do west virgina" series!

hey grice..i'll hold the 18gb of raw footage from the "morons do a vintage rally" segment for you until ready for final production! :-)

2xM3

Thanks Marshall! If you like, I can stop by with an SD card to get the files off your hard drive. As you might imagine, with the current work going into the tii LeMonster, a recent home purchase, my Passat motor running on 5 cylinders, and an irritating ringing bell sound coming from my 2002, I'm a bit too busy to do any video editing at the moment. Not that being busy or otherwise would have any noticeable impact on the results of my video production efforts.

williamggruff

Woah! That's a slick oil baffle setup. I seriously dig what he did with that.

It was great meeting you at the Vintage. As you may or may not recall, some clever and entertaining moments were experienced by those of us who were of such diminished intellects that we were steadfast in our devotion to a sparsely populated hotel parking lot well past midnight, in the rain, drinking warm beer. At least that's what I'm told.

While the video in this post is exceedingly tame and lame, I'll do my best to post a few segments that show some of the more entertaining moments en route to, and at the Vintage. The tire warm-up section of the rallye included a fun run through the twisties chasing an e30, and the afternoon portion of the rallye had Jay and me following a 535i that was well driven and very well navigated by a husband and wife team.

I hope your drive home was smooth and easy, or twisted and aggressive, depending on your mood and route. Jay and I decided to take the highway route home to Arlington, VA. It was the most painfully boring 5 1/2 hours in a car that I can recall. But we were wiped out from a weekend of living like rockstars and beating the tar out of my 2002. As it turns out, the guibo in my car was dying a slow death during the route to and from the Vintage, and I will be replacing it Sunday morning. It was fun while it lasted.

Cheers,

Grice

williamggruff

As it turns out, the guibo in my car was dying a slow death during the route to and from the Vintage, and I will be replacing it Sunday morning. It was fun while it lasted.

WARNING: replacing a guibo with a non-vibratory new freshie will result in increased desire to drive your 02 faster and stupider.

My 02 feels like a new creature with a solid, non-chunk forming guibo.

You should probably make a road trip back to WV to test it once installed.

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)