• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Outstanding E30 - 89 325i Tampa, Fl. - Sold

m-racer

Owned by enthusiasts and garaged from new. 168k. Drives like 30k. Every conceivable wear item (cosmetic and mechanical) on this car has been upgraded, replaced, or restored with an eye to performance and no expense spared. Never smoked it. Needs nothing. No excuses or BS. I have taken multiple thousand mile weekend trips to events in this car and it can be driven anywhere. $9000 firm (which is about 60% of what I have in it). Like with all old BMW's, you can find cheaper examples if you want to do the work yourself. Doubtful that you will find a better sorted E30. Extensive service records, summaries, pictures, etc. available to serious parties. tljonesco@aol.com Lots of details in the description tabs for the pics. Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/29732060@N07/sets/72157626795006906/ And I failed to mention the best part - it is a square light car with small bumpers!

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that is a nice looking ride. is there any rust? A/C cold? Good fuel milage? Anything wrong with anything? With that exhaust how does it sound? Has the car been lowered?

Again, good looking ride.

No rust. Underneath, spare tire well, etc. as new. AC system (along with cooling and all other systems rebuilt and work as new. R12 retained). I have used Supersprint systems on all (non-2002) BMW's that I have owned (Euro E28 M5, E24's, etc) because they comply to Euro noise restrictions which means they sound great without the drone, etc. of cheaper stuff. I think I noted it on the details in the pics, but it has H&R springs/ Bilstein HD's/ Ireland sways, etc. and has been lowered about an inch, pretty much what the same treatment does to an 02.

$9500 sounds like a lot. Not being negative -- I love this one -- GLWS of the car! It would take a lot of $$ to make my E30 tip-top. Loving mine in its imperfect state though.... It handled very well on Sunday's (Mike Pugh-led) drive to Floyd, VA. Mike teased me for being '02-less that day. Jealous guy methinks!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

what does "GLWS" mean?

GOOD LUCK WITH SALE!

And that goes for me as well. Looks like a very nice ride........if it was only a convertable!!

-mpkwy

CARS:Past

1966 VW Bug

1971 2002 (BOUGHT IN 1972) (totaled, back in my sordid youth)

1975 2002 (mntgrun (sold)

1973 2002 (Sahara, unmolested, Sold, sniff-sniff)

asst Honda accords and Outbacks

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry

$9500 sounds like a lot. Not being negative -- I love this one -- GLWS of the car! It would take a lot of $$ to make my E30 tip-top. Loving mine in its imperfect state though.... It handled very well on Sunday's (Mike Pugh-led) drive to Floyd, VA. Mike teased me for being '02-less that day. Jealous guy methinks!
Jim, he was jealous of your AC! As you said, it takes a lot of money to make one tip-top and there are lesser cars for less money. I am taking the same formula with this car that I have taken with the many older BMW's I have sold over the years. I have loved them all, make them the best examples that I can, and have yet to break even. I usually price them at 60-65% of what I have in them and disclose every little thing. Same story with this one. As a result, I have long standing relationships within the Vintage BMW community and with the guys I have sold the cars to. Anyway, that's my logic, it has served me well and I am sticking to it. I am buying back one of my former cars or this one would not be for sale. I learned a while back that I am a driver, not a collector, so I am trying to keep it to one old BMW and one old Porsche at a time. Mike's drives are great. Sorry I missed this one and the Vintage. Thanks. Tim

if I were to pay cash would you concider coming down on the price some?

my email address is peter.butler@flyasa.com

Could you send me some pictures of the back seat area, trunck area, and underthe car?

Thank you.

Thanks for the interest. No offense to you, but as mentioned in the post, the price is firm.

what does "GLWS" mean?

GOOD LUCK WITH SALE!

And that goes for me as well. Looks like a very nice ride........if it was only a convertable!!

-mpkwy

You know, the good E30 coupes are actually harder to find these days. Many ragtops were relegated to weekend use and there are still quite a few good ones out there. The coupes have pretty much been worn out or ragged out at this point. All that said, I have had a couple of E30 ragtops and they were really cool. Haven't had a vert in about 10 yrs (E46 M3), but would love to have another. Hmmm.

Wow... really beautiful and clearly well cared for E30. Since you are in the price range of some really nice examples of the 325is... I would suggest you post more pictures... and include shots of the trunk, tool kit, and under side. Not suggesting that your price isn't worth it (in fact quite the opposite), but I would think a discerning buyer might request more pictures and a vehicle inspection history. Irrespective, you have a beautiful car that I am sure will sell itself to the right buyer. GLWS and thanks for sharing.

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst