• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help needed: How to fix A pillar section of door stop

tashakes

This bracket is loose on my A pillar. I have taken the carpet off and cannot get to it, nor can I get to it by removing the fender, looks like it resides inside the A pillar "tube". The bracket is still attached to the door brake, but it is completely off the A pillar. The only thing that keeps it from going into the pillar tube is the pin from the brake.

Any tips on how to fix it?

Cheers, Edward.

Picture borrowed from another post:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/billwill72tii/White%20car/door%20brakes%20brackets/IMG_3672.jpg

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg

I just did this repair on Monday - tried to save the overall integrity of the A pillar by drilling out the weld holding the door bracket in place - no luck. I ended up JB welding the new bracket in place

"When the government fears the People, that is Liberty. When the People fear the Government, that is tyranny."

- Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the links, I will try a bolt on the center to see if it works before cutting the sheetmetal. If not, then I will follow one of these.

Cheers.

Edward

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg