• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tyres 185/70-13?

What brand? Where? Seems hard to find these days.. (At least in Sweden)

Ideas?

//Ola

Ola Gustafson
Sweden
-------------------
1975 Taiga Euro 2002 3685483 - Weber 38/38 DGMS - Pertronix Ignitor - H&R Cup Kit - TEP headers and Simons 2" sport exhaust - 3.91 LSD.

I just might, dollars seems fine right now. It´s cheaper for me to shop from Ireland Engineering than from Jaymic in UK, the currency is on my side..

Thanks! I´ll check the cost of freight and so on. Don´t want crappy tyres, which seems to be the only kind possible to find around here in 13`s..

Ola Gustafson
Sweden
-------------------
1975 Taiga Euro 2002 3685483 - Weber 38/38 DGMS - Pertronix Ignitor - H&R Cup Kit - TEP headers and Simons 2" sport exhaust - 3.91 LSD.

Don't they sell tires @ IKEA ??? (:-)

Current:

- 1970 Colorado 2002, 1982 323i, 1972 Porsche 914, 1956 Porsche 356A Coupe replica, 2003 Mini Cooper S

Past:

- 1980 320is Turbo, 1972 Malaga 2002tii, 1973 Polaris 2002tii, 1973 Sahara 2002, 1981 Alpina C1 2.3, 1989 M3, 1984 Hardy & Beck 327S

Hehe.. Strangely enough they don´t!! Will talk to Mr Kamprad about that..

Are Kumhos any good btw? (And I guess they don´t mean swedish all-season, would need more than that in a few decimeters of snow.. (Sorry, 7 or 8 inches, of course))

Ola Gustafson
Sweden
-------------------

i used to get kuhmos in high school, but that was because they are cheap. I don't think i would ever try them again unless there were no other options

matt

1969 BMW 2002

1972 Chevrolet Nova

1965 Ford Mustang

1956 Ford F100

???? ???? Bobber

I have Vredestein tires in this size which, I believe, are Dutch manufactured.

On what rims?

I´m going to use original steel 13X5 with an ET of about 30, I think. The car will be lowered 45-50 mm, and I´m a bit concerned about rubbing since the 185´s are about the same diameter but wider.

I guess I´ll have to lower, and then put the original 165/80 on and measure..

Ola Gustafson
Sweden
-------------------

I also have 13x5 rims and slightly stiffer/lower springs with Bilstein HD shocks/inserts, but I put in this suspension a good number of years ago and can't remember how much lower the car sits. It is not a great deal closer to the ground and is intended for street driving. I got the set up from Carl Nelson at La Jolla Independent along with upper strut bearings that change the camber (or maybe it's the caster) to properly match the springs. Anyway, I have no rubbing problems with the Vredestein Quatrac 3 all season tires and actually like them quite a bit.

David

I thought that's what it might be. The wheels are the standard 13x5 steel wheels that fit the chrome wheel covers. My original wheels were actually 13x4.5 but I found a set of the wider wheels so as to accomodate the 70 series tires. I don't know the offset, but presume it is whatever BMW specifies.

• 3 months later...
i used to get kuhmos in high school, but that was because they are cheap. I don't think i would ever try them again unless there were no other options

matt

This is not the right fact that cheap thing are always bad or worse.

I think quality is not depend on price mainly!