• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massive - Aluminum race gaz pedal on hinge, w/ bearing

Lee

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it's time for Lee to sign in and reply ... ignoring the people who have posted concerns ought not be acceptable, in my opinion (for those who've customized the pedal to install it, that's cool ... but it misses the point of the seller's responsibility to support the product). I did email him directly, no response.... -KB

that one "odd" pedal lever in your pic looks like it would work perfectly with lee's current design as it appears to move the roller to the left compared to the other ones....placing it right in the "un-holed" part of the pedal surface. maybe he had one of those in his race car.

in my use of the system last weekend for a few hundred miles, i think the mechanism he came up with should be standard for all 02's...the pedal feel is that much better than stock. love it.

how many people have installed the gaz pedal? seems like three of us?

lee talked of a teflon addition to the design...can't wait to see how that works!

odd that he has not replied to any email or postings. he appears to be busy with his speaker design work, just based on all the pic's he is regularly posting to his pbucket account.

2xM3

• 2 weeks later...

I've had mine installed for about 3 weeks ago and all I can say is awesome! I have a '69 with carpet, but I trimmed the carpet around the pedal mounts slightly. I'd always had an issue with my pedal popping off to the right (moderately frustrating while driving) but Lee's attachment method has totally eliminated this. The bearing is super smooth and I added a small zip tie to the rod to keep it in the sweet spot and out of the "pot holes".

Awesome. Love it. Period.

Bristol 11/12/68

Put mine in yesterday. I countersunk the screws that hold the retainer on. It seems a shame to make such a nice pedal surface and then have it interupted by having two screw heads sticking into your foot.

My bearing didn't go on well, so I'll need to fiddle with it more and then adjust the pedal before I have a final verdict.

The feel is quite smooth and heel-toe moves are much easier.

Per previous email, photo of pedal linkage arms with one 'odd' version ... still waiting for Lee to respond to these issues. -KB

i am about 95% sure the odd one is for an Automatic...i still have my old one from my 74 Automatic , i can check if you want me to confirm.

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

Put mine in yesterday. I countersunk the screws that hold the retainer on. It seems a shame to make such a nice pedal surface and then have it interupted by having two screw heads sticking into your foot.

My bearing didn't go on well, so I'll need to fiddle with it more and then adjust the pedal before I have a final verdict.

The feel is quite smooth and heel-toe moves are much easier.

bearing too tight on the shaft? the shaft is not made to the same tolerances as the bearings are.... i ended up "polishing" the shaft with 400grit a little at a time until the bearing slid on to where I wanted it.

2xM3

Any word on another batch of these pedals Lee? I would like the foot rest and gas pedal if one is available.

Mike Katsoris

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe the aliens got the last gas pedal for their ship. I wonder if they needed a dead pedal?

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

• 3 months later...
question: on the next set, how does the pedal attach to the metal lever? the original pedal wore down the white plastic thingy causing my pedal to wobble... how does yours work?

Bianchini

Let's figure out what happened to Lee first, hopefully nothing bad, then worry about whether he's making another batch of gas pedals or not.

Mike Katsoris

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

76 Estorilblau 2740318