• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alpna MOtor for sale

LeeJohn

It's an A1, those are carburetors not "throttle bodies" and other than the air box and the curved velocity stacks (air box mounts) there is nothing very unique there other than the claim it's a real Alpina engine. Does not even have one of their valve covers. You can only hope there are some of the original "Alpina" bits still in the engine and usable. If the bores are rusty and it needs to be bored then even if it has correct pistons they won't be usable. Have to hope te cam is ok and the head is in good shape too.

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

Guest Anonymous

ALPINA A1/3 serial motor (M10 for BMW E-21 3 Series). Basically a "cleaned up" M10, port matched head, but everything else was pretty much standard (264 deg cam), valves, valve springs, pistons etc., Interesting this dog has 40 MM Webers (not TB') usually they had 40 mm Solex's. Regarding serial numbers, on the "A" series (M10) engines, my experience is that they were numbered with a 4 - digit serial number and these motors would have the stamp as shown A1/3 etc., I have seen that stamp before and I would say its legit. I am guessing the whited out number was the car's VIN #, not sure why they did that. Not so sure about boning out over $4200 USD (Plus shipping to wherever you are) for that particular serial motor. Just dpends onwhat you need and what you are willing to pay for it.

www.alpinabmw2002.com