• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

brake shoes needed

20nb02

Hi all,

I had the opportunity to enjoy the Bay Area 02 show over the weekend and I got the idea to bring my search for brake parts to the forum. 4-5 weeks ago I stopped driving my '73 daily driver because of leaking/failing wheel cylinders in the rear drums. I subsequently been looking for replacement cylinders and shoe sets. I have looked on rockauto and autohausAZ with no luck, I tried worldpac and some of the other regulars with no luck.

And so, I could consider switching to 320i rear drums, paying a boat-load to Bavauto, or I thought that I'd send this message out to the 02 world to see if anyone has brake shoes that they are looking to get rid of. I would be happy to compensate. Message me, I would love to get my roundie back on the road!

In San Rafael, CA

Nick[/img]

post-17362-13667643156606_thumb.jpg

'73 2002 Colorado Orange DD

I was going to say - go Blunt. I just put in the same order - Blunt will do you right.

Matt

I needed a car, and a hobby....

Nor'East '02ers-

www.bmw2002.us

Betty VIN 4229155

The original colour was Malaga, paint code 021

SiteNamecopy.jpg

I got some used ones off a 2002 if ya want em. I'll sell em cheap. But go Blunt if ya dont want used. He's a great resource!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Used brake shoes??

Isn't that like changing underwear with your brother's used tighty whiteys? (to paraphrase someone... )

I have some gently used motor oil if you'd like it.

I needed a car, and a hobby....

Nor'East '02ers-

www.bmw2002.us

Betty VIN 4229155

The original colour was Malaga, paint code 021

SiteNamecopy.jpg

I suspect you were looking in the wrong place zs both Rock Auto and Autohaus AZ have them in their on-line catalogs (rear cylinders and shoes).

You might also want to consider swapping in the Tii wheel cylinders (17mm vs the 2002 15mm) for a little more rear bias. They are a direct bolt-in replacement.

Rob S
'69 2002; '04 330i ZHP; 2018 X1; 2014 535i; 2017 340i

• Administrators

I had full rear brakes for sale at the show at the BMW2002FAQ booth.

Ferrodo Shoes and drums had just a little bit of use since the car does not get many miles. Also had 22mm cylinders installed. Those do require a proportioning valve.

I am in Redwood City. Let me know if interested. $75 for everything.

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store