• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I do this?

oh2fly

I have been thinking of a way to pay back to the 2002 community here. This is what I came up with. I have lots of pretty rare, old 02 goodies, new and used. I want to offer one up at a time as an auction here. I will start the bidding without a reserve and run it for a week. High bid posted in my thread before the deadline gets the item. The high bidder paypals the winning amount to this site and sends me a copy of their paypal email confirmation, showing that they paid. Then, I send them the part, shipping on me, unless it's a big item. Can I do this?

That's a very cool idea.

1976 BMW 2002 'Bella'

The BMW 2002 US VIN 2743187 was manufactured on May 12th, 1976 and delivered on May 13th, 1976 to the importer BMW of North America. The original colour was Sahara, paint code 006.

1986 El Camino 'Ellie'

I just wish I had money for said "Rare" items....

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I did this for the Alfa community several years ago. Here is a link to how it went: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-parts-sale-wanted/43534-fs-franco-conti-exhaust.html

It was a fun way to raise money for the site/community.

Professionals are predictable; it's the amateurs you have to watch out for, you never know what they are gonna do!

Murphy was a Grunt

My wife's non-profit company did something similar on Ebay. With all proceeds from the sale benefiting her company. Not sure what the logistics were, may just have to link the paypal payment to the FAQ.

Then you'd just have to post the link and let nature of the item take its course.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

I don't see why people couldn't send in a check. As long as it can be verified, it seems fine with me. Here's a list off the top of my head of some items I am going to offer. First, an oval washer bottle from an early 1600. NOS flip-style ignition key, VDO tach with Alpina script, used rare emblems. I will post up the first item with pics to see how this goes. What category should I post them in?