• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is this a real ALPINA Kugelfischer pump?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I believe that it is. I have seen another A4 motor with the PL04 129.10 728 series number (mine was "725") not really sure what the significance in the last set of numbers (maybe someone knows). Mine had a Bosch plaquard as well (not Kugelfischer).

www.alpinabmw2002.com

One concern that maybe someone can answer.... This pump is worth thousands. I dont see any history as to the car it came off...I also dont see a claim that it works or needs a rebuild.Why would a seller start a sale at zero for a item worth thousands???? Gutsy yes. German behavior no.

Guest Anonymous

Kugelfischer pumps are pretty bullet proof. Not to say that this one might not need to be opened up and looked at. Most of the time it seems that it is the O-Rings and seals that go on them, haven't heard of too many pumps who's internals have had catastrophic break-down. A check out, clean an re-seal shouldn't be more than a few hundred dollars. If I was in the market i would probably take a chance on this one. I am guessing when its all said and done it will be between EUR 1.000,00 and 1.500,00 (maybe more). Not so sure about the claim that this pump will work fine with a 230bhp slide throttle motor though - 150-190 bhp yes, 220-230 bhp ?, those particular pumps did have a different cone than the A4 cone.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Guest Anonymous

Make no mistake their are more than a few "folks" out there that watch this stuff pretty closely. I have fooled with more than one or two bids moving pricing up, these pumps are pretty hard to come by, this one very much appears to be a proper one (and no doubt others are aware as well), look for it to be significantly higher over the next 3-4 days. unfortunately here in the US our govt has done a superb job of driving the value of the dollar into the sh#tter - puts us at a huge disadvantage when having to buy in Euro's (hell, for that matter Canadian as well now + many others).

www.alpinabmw2002.com

That's a pretty interesting statement. Would you care to elaborate and cite your sources?

Cheers,

Ray

Alpinas had their own k pumps. Same function as the normal tiis, but different size metal lobes and such inside, like different cams in a way.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

That's a pretty interesting statement. Would you care to elaborate and cite your sources?

"The Alpina A4/s Injection system used four separate throttle bodies instead of the single throttle body found on the 2000tii and turbo fuel injection systems. Although the pump used by Alpina was externally the same used on the 2002tii, the three dimensional cam inside the injector pump was modified."

- BMW '02 Restoration Guide by Mike Macartney

Chapter 10 page 147

link to the book: http://www.amazon.com/BMW-02-Restoration-Guide-Brooklyns/dp/1855204517