• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Vintage Rally (or Rallye, if you prefer)

Well, Mike Leeper (the left half of the Friday Afternoon Rally Team - I'm the right half) and Molly and I laid out and measured the rally/tour last weekend. It's about 110 miles long and takes about 4 hours to do.

There's great scenery and some entertaining roads. It starts on Friday morning at the Hawthorne in Winston-Salem (HQ) and ends at Westbend Vineyards. I promise it'll be fun, whether or not you're competing for a trophy.

Plan on bringing a snack or lunch to enjoy at Hanging Rock State Park (the midpoint). If you're rallying, bring an accurate watch, pens and pencils (pocket protectors optional), and a clipboard.

I'll be at Senor Bravo Thursday night to answer questions and accept bribes. Well, mostly to accept bribes...

David Roach

Molly (Inka 1973 2002)

Bobby (Sapphire 2004 330xi - the new kid)

Root Boy (White 2002 Tacoma)

I just talked to Hawthorne Inn and participants will be able to order box lunches Thursday night that can be picked up prior to the start of the rally Friday morning. More details on this to follow.

Scott Sturdy - festmeister

"SAVE 'EM FROM THE CRUSHER !"

I was afraid someone might dig out a Twinmaster. Um, yes, technically, it would violate the "unequipped" rules. But you could be in a class by yourself!

David Roach

Molly (Inka 1973 2002)

Bobby (Sapphire 2004 330xi - the new kid)

Root Boy (White 2002 Tacoma)