• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice on lap and shoulder belts for 73 2002tii

Crash513

Hi all. Forgive me if this has been asked before in a previous thread, but I could not find it by searching the general discussion forum.

I'm looking for a new or NOS front seat belt option for my Son's '73 2002tii

I've found these aftermarket replacements on Rogers Tii store on e-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-B...Q5fAccessories

I've also found these on BMW mobile tradition (Maximilian Importing):

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online...41&hg=72&fg=05

I've been warned that even when new, the original belts don't have the best retractors, and their action can wear out after just a few years of use. This car is going to be fully restored, but it's never going to be anything but a driver, so I have not problem replacing the belts with something aftermarket. At this point, I'm really more interested in his safety and long term wear. I'd consider using something originally supplied for another car if they bolt in easy enough.

Does anyone have a recommendation for what they have used as replacements in the past? Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Leslie Martin (aka Crash513)

'73 2002 tii Graniterot/Saddle

'17 X5 Xdrive 3.5d Mineral White/Amaro Brown

'18 328d Xdrive Sportwagon Glacier Silver/Black

Yes, go with Bluedevils. Al is a super nice guy, he cares about the products he makes and I am a customer who can vouch for the quality. I have done all the research on new belts, refurb'd, belts that *might* work, but in the end after 3 weeks of frustration, I took the advice of the guys and purchased from Al. Here's some close ups of his seat belts. Oh, I'm getting the rear seat belts done too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sizzlerscheesetoast/sets/72157626464336946

Going into 'seat belt land' can give you sticker shock at some of the prices. Lot's going on there behind the scenes that drive up prices. Then you find the super cheap stuff on-line and wonder why the others are so expensive (or why those are so cheap). One thing to consider: How many years did the old belts get used? What was the cost spread over all those years?

Al does good work. His prices are in line with the product he provides.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I highly recommend that you contact "Bluedevils" on this site. Knowledge...quality...service....all in one.

I agree. Great product, prices and service- don't bother looking anywhere else...

Bailey Taylor

1975 2002A

1995 318ti Club Sport

2004 X3 2.5

1999 Wrangler Sahara

2007 Mazdaspeed3

1996 Triumph Speed Triple