Jump to content
  • When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Adhesive is Used for Bonding Supports to Sheet Metal

Recommended Posts

Been working on the body work of late and realized that the support structure in the doors and hood is bonded to the sheet metal by some form of adhesive.

What is it and where can I get it? Dealership, AZone, or Auto Paint Store?

Thanks in advance.


The question is not that we broke a few rules or took certain liberties with our female guests.

We did ;)

Charlie don't surf!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3m makes a panel adhesive--sem--others as well---------------used to have to buy the applicator and a few tips because it goes off in 15 mins--upto 45 mins working time--after that you're grinding it off and your original tip is useless. I'm sure the product has been condensed to homeowner size by now. I've also had success with urethane windshield adhesive making a strong bond with metal pieces---anyways--a starting point!--scoyote

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Upcoming Events

  • Supporting Vendors

  • Create New...