• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

perfect 1971 2002 barnfind 18,000 miles, what to do with it?

well ive had an e30 and i still have an e36 so im a little versed in bmw stuff. the car was baught by a guy new in 71 when he retired and he died in 81 and the car has sat in the garage the whole time. i havent had the chance to get ovet to it yet, my frend found it and dropped cash on it for me cause he knows i love bmw's and at the price you could hit it with a truck and still make money on it. were waiting on the old lady to get the lost title she files for. he said it has 4 carburetors on it, i didnt find anything about 4 carbs anywhair, idk maby he was wrong. but i wanna get it home and attack it with crome polish and wax, armorall the hell out of the interior, give it a respectfull tune up (what kind of tranny fluid and rear end fluid should i ues?) and then maby barret jackson it? i was told theres not a scratch dent ding rip stain or anything on the car, what do you guys think i should do with it besides donate it to whoever replys first?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ooh ya im gonna make some before and after videos for youtube, gonna b a while though.... i would definately love to keep the car but im not really well off, maby i will. i think the frend is really trustworthy. the old lady has a newer benz and isnt hurting for cash by any means. he was really dissapointed, he was hopeing for an old stang or chevel and he said his smile droped when he saw "that ugly bmw" instead, lol. they definately are some pretty strange looking cars. what do you mean by fishy?

Sounds fishy since you joined today and are in it for the "Barrett Jackson $" on a car no one has seen or heard of. And most likely never will. Plus find spell check.

75 2002: weber, ANSA, lowered, 14" wheels, new engine, new suspension, rust free & square.

i understand i just joined today so i dont have any kind of rep yet. i have been a member of bimmerforums and e30club for quite a long time. information at bimmerforums pointed me in this direction. true i havent sceen the car yet, i have allready paid for it though so if it does turn out to be a falce hit then im gettin a rapin. the person is very reliable to me, he just isnt at all into the forign cars thing. i really respect bmw even the old ones. my dream car is an e36 m3. im hopeing that i can find this 2002 a good home with someone that would really appreciate it and get myself the m3 ive been dreaming about. i honestly dont have any ues for a 2002. i live in northern michigan, daily driving a classic car like that around here doesnt seem morally right to me regardless of what i have to pay for it. im just looking for some information as to what kind of things i should do to a car that hasent sceen daylight scence 1981 before i put any miles on it whatsoever. im planning on doing the engine oil and plugs, replace tranny fluid, replace diff fluid, completely drain gas tank, buy new tires, stuff like that. the car starts and runs on 1981 gas in the tank for some reason. they must have uesed some kind of stabilizer before it got parked. i was hopeing maby i ran accrossed a 5 thousand dollar car so i can flip it for a more practical bmw that i can drive, and i look on ebay and some of these 2002's are going for over 20k. i understand that with pricetags like that you guys must be pretty cautious of intruders like me but i mean no disrespect whatsoever. but honestly is it really that hard to believe that a fine specimin survivor was found collecting dust in some old ladies garage? by the way not to "spike the football" but im geting the car for $400 plus hauling expences. i could just throw insurance on it and drive it into the ground on the dirt roads and heavy salt in the winter but i think it would really be a shame to see a survivor like this go anywhair but to a home whair it would be respected as much as possiable. maby i should just take videos and take bids on it without even touching it so whoever gets it can put the little bit of tlc into it themselvs so its more personal. btw spellcheck isnt working for me for some reason.

Great, document it, flip it. I am certain if it is what you say it is you will make $. You can't just march in the door and tease us like that though. Most of us are old enough to have earned our skepticism! An 18,000 mile survivor is the stuff! How about more details like a VIN, Color, etc.

Professionals are predictable; it's the amateurs you have to watch out for, you never know what they are gonna do!

Murphy was a Grunt

April Fool's was more than a month ago, right? We need pictures of this stupendous wonder of the world.

BTW: spell check is your friend, Ed!!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz