• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Minnes02 Group pre-Spring Kick Off gathering!

02for2

OK, three times the charm...!

Let's try another gathering of the MN/MSP 2002 owners - the Minnes02 Group, before the InterMarque Spring Kick Off!

We've had 2 great meets but had several who could not attend.

Glutton for punishment, let's go for three!

Next saturday, April 30, at the Moose Country .

There, I will hand out the reserved parking tickets for the Spring Kick Off on May 14, and a special surprise!

Also, exciting news - FIAT of Brookdale has just signed up as one of our sponsors and will have two new 500s at the show, possible test drives!

And, I finally convinced a friend to bring his 1925 Bugatti Type35A Race Car to the show. You are probably aware that the Bugatti Type35 is THE winningest Race Car of ALL TIME! Amassing 2,000+ outright victories.

I've known Mike for more than 15 yrs. and he always told me his car (one of only 135 produced) had never competed (that's Mike running it in a Vintage Race at Road America in '05 (P13) - No Garage Queen this). I did some research and came up with this on Mike's car, all verified by chassis number:

Meetings:

- V° Les Alpilles Hill Climb, Avignon, 25th April 1926, E. Proal 1st

- Circuit des Gattières, Vence/Nice 4th july 1926, Proal 2nd (to famed Bugatti Race Driver Louis Chiron)

- Estérel Climb, Cannes, 1926, E. Proal dnf

- X° Mont Agel Hill Climb, Nice, 10th March 1927, E. Proal 1st

- V° Estérel Climb, Cannes, 20th March 1927, E. Proal 1st

- VI° Les Alpilles Hill Climb, Avignon, 22nd May 1927, E. Proal 1st

- Laffrey Hill Climb, Grenoble, 26th June 1927, E. Proal 1st

Mike was thrilled and had absolutely no idea his car (which he's owned since '67) had such a storied past. Just seeing this car, which has never been publicly displayed, is truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and reason enough to attend the show!

So, next Saturday, April 30 @ 1pm.

See ya there!

Cheers!

post-17544-13667641642685_thumb.jpg

post-17544-13667641643536_thumb.jpg

post-17544-13667641645342_thumb.jpg

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

I'll be there Jim. Maybe even get the first ride of the season if the weather holds.

Mike

76 Malaga (Molly)

Mike

76 Malaga (Molly)

Mods:

Weber

Recaro

Eibach

Bilstein

Panasport

Ansi

Parker