Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
Grover

FS: Ideal fuel pump for EFI conversion: SOLD

13 posts in this topic Last Reply

I have a used fuel pump from a late E30 318is (the one that came with the M42 motor) that is considered to be the ideal fuel pump for those doing a MegaSquirt type converion. It has the correct depth for the 2002 fuel tank (so your gauge will read the correct fuel level) and also has a built in return line. I bought this from Blunt a few months ago but it turns out I don't need it. $100 shipped. trichardson AT clifbar DOT com.

I could be mistaken but I think these are only the correct length for early fuel tanks. The late fuel tanks are deeper and therefore this pickup is a little short for it.

please correct me if I'm wrong, I have one and am under the impression that I need to lengthen the pickup but haven't had time to measure it yet.

that is partially what i am trying to figure out. e30's all used the same fuel tanks in the later years. e30 tanks are same part number, but the pump is a different part number. why would just the e30 318 have a deeper pick up that any other e30? would like to sort fact from fiction with actual measurements.

I went ahead and measured the pump from the base of the mounting surface (essentially where it lies on top of the fuel tank) to the bottom of the filtered pick up, and I'd say that total depth is approximately 8 1/4". Curious to know how that compares with what you guys have found.

post-15153-13667641640775_thumb.jpg

I've heard it's the 325i and 318is fuel pumps. Also the '91 volvo 740's and possibly the 940's(should be the same as the '91 740). I have seen the same fuel pump advertised as working in both the 318is and '91 740. I've got a few volvo ones I can measure, but not a '91...