• Upcoming Events

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Electrical Problem

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

So i am driving my 1976 '02 around, and suddenly the revs drop to 0. they might rebound in 5 secs, or it may take 30. I am sure its an electrical problem but i don't know where to start looking...

I did take out the solex, and put a weber 32/36 in, and i am running the ireland engineering electronic distributor.

any thoughts to diagnose and fix? thanks so much.

I would look to the ignition wiring

if you had the original points,

then that symptom would be dirty points

pinched wires, loose connections, . . . . . ?

defective electronic distrib bits

ARMY Strong

When you say the revs drop to 0, are you saying the engine stalled or the tach dropped and the engine was still running? Since you said it might come back in 5-30 seconds, sounds like tach and not engine, or is the engine stalling while driving and restarting while rolling?

Guest Anonymous

the engine actually stalls and then comes back to life. i dunno where the system could be grounding out.

If it happens when getting on/off the gas, (engine torquing on its mounts) check the engine ground. If it happens on bumps, I have seen ignition switches wear mechanically from heavy keys and the vibration lets it momentarily turn off. Jiggle the key to check, if it stalls, replace the mechanical part of the switch. Other than that, check for a bad connection (corrosion/loose) on the ignition fuse. If all of that checks out, just start grabbing and shaking all of the wiring harnesses.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this