mrdew

how do you like my tach?

27 posts in this topic Last Reply

I don't. Too boy racer for me. Sorry, but you did ask.

Norm

-Why does it matter on the REV limit? If you think over 8,000 nahh haha. I built the engine for midrange power.

-How do you feel that it is "Boy Racer"? I am just curious

-The old tach worked, it was not very accurate when on the dyno, it was off about 500rpm when it was run into high RPM. I am hoping the new one resolves this issue, I can not believe how well it fit.

i don't like the company's logo, nor that they have to describe it as an autometer. it's even on the needle. and having the "registered trademark" on their logo is quite terrible. not simple and classic and understated like VDO. i do like the font of the numbers though.

packaging on a product can make or break it for me.

mho

i don't care for it...maybe if it matched the other gauges or was in a honda...sorry

Yeah, there's something about all the logos. Makes it look too flashy.

Gauges are really all about aesthetics as far as I'm concerned. I drove for a year or so with a broken speedometer because the functionality just wasn't worth it too me. it still looked just as good but didn't work at all. I even took all the gauges off of my motorcycle a while back cause I thought they were ugly. That only lasted until I had to register it though. Apparently the DMV requires those things. Who knew? In any case, I think functionality is overrated - it's all about appearances...

Now that I think about it, I guess that might make me a hipster. Shit, I guess I gotta go buy a fixie bike and grow a mustache now.

Don't like it, no matter how 'accurate' it is. Y'know those red and white marks on outer edge of the speedo are shift points.

Please post pics of your other 'ricer' mods, so we may see what else NOT to do.

Points for creativity ... build it as you like it. And a beer can! (I trust you'll ignore those posts who've been overly judgmental (they/we are a curious bunch)). -KB

I would rather associate an rpm reading with a shift rather than your beloved "shift points" on the spedo.