• Upcoming Events

///mChris

Megasquirt ignition and AFR tuning help needed.

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

All,

I've gotten the hardware fully functional. Ms3x with squential spark and fuel. I now need to tune my engine. It's a 2.2L (s14 crank) I have the early e21 intake manifold with an e30 throttle body.

I haven't found very good information on tuning AFR or ignition. Does anyone have a how-to or even a similar msq that I could pull from?

Thanks.

All,

I've gotten the hardware fully functional. Ms3x with squential spark and fuel. I now need to tune my engine. It's a 2.2L (s14 crank) I have the early e21 intake manifold with an e30 throttle body.

I haven't found very good information on tuning AFR or ignition. Does anyone have a how-to or even a similar msq that I could pull from?

Thanks.

You will find lots of vague stuff. I have someone else's spark map, but it isn't perfect. I still need to tweak it but need a new laptop so I haven't. The best way is to take it to a dyno shop that has a proper steady state rolling road.

AFR is easier, in a way. Once you set your desired AFR buckets for different loads, just enable autotune and megatune (or tuner studio) will adjust your table to reach the desired AFR.

The trick is figuring out what the best mixtures are for the different loads...

I've noticed that my m10 likes to run a bit rich.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.