• Upcoming Events

• Announcements

• steve k.

Marking as SOLD   11/04/2016

In the "For Sale" post you will se a button "Mark as Sold"  Use that to indicate that the item is no longer available.
Sign in to follow this  
york

help on 1972 Tii anybody know this car ? ebay orlando

20 posts in this topic Last Reply

Saw this and immediately thought of you. Although not your first color combo choice, I'd jump on it. Has the correct nose panel, the good far outweighs the bad.

What I see from the pictures:

Front fenders have been replaced. No side reflectors and not properly tinned above the grills.

The wires and fuel lines should be re-routed to their correct factory positions.

Trunk painted black and a strange wire or line behind the back seat panel.

Andrew Wilson

Looks like a darn nice car. I would want to test drive it before purchase, however, and take my hands off the wheel at 60-70 mph and see if it drives straight.

The fact that the front fenders have been replaced and the wiring in the engine compartment is quirky could mean it was in some kind of collision.

On the other hand, I got 12K for my '72 Verona from my insurance company after they wrote it off as a loss after some dumb woman rear-ended me, and it wasn't even a tii!

It is absolutely astonishing to me that cars get bid up to this level without a single photograph of the underside. He doesn't mention the words "rust" or "rot" once in the description -- all he says is "overall, in very good original condition with nice paint, solid floors, and trunk area." It could have rusty frame rails, rocker panels, and rear shock towers, someone could pay big bucks, and not have a leg to stand on in the eBay terms of sale because the car was "as advertised." The tiaga 'tii that everyone loves to beat the shit out of is much better photographed.

Hey... I'm just sayin'...

It is absolutely astonishing to me that cars get bid up to this level without a single photograph of the underside. He doesn't mention the words "rust" or "rot" once in the description -- all he says is "overall, in very good original condition with nice paint, solid floors, and trunk area." It could have rusty frame rails, rocker panels, and rear shock towers, someone could pay big bucks, and not have a leg to stand on in the eBay terms of sale because the car was "as advertised." The tiaga 'tii that everyone loves to beat the shit out of is much better photographed.

Hey... I'm just sayin'...

No one writes as detailed and comprehensive description as you do for your listings, Rob.

I've been watching this one closely. The lackluster undercarriage pic has been there from the start. While some may purchase a car on photos alone, if they do, they get what they deserve if they get taken. I like to think anyone interested in a 2002 would open a line of communication with the seller and ask for additional information/photos of specific areas of concern if not listed/posted in the listing. This can set the "true bidders" from "tire kickers". Without a doubt ask for an independent pre-purchase inspection before or even during bidding. Ask to talk to the mechanic who works on the car, wealth of info there. If the seller refuses, walk away.

Due diligence is all I'm sayin'...

Andrew Wilson

York, just to be clear, I'm not trying to warn you off from the car. I'm just saying that for where the bidding is heading with this car, I would want to be sure that it really is what he is implying and everyone is everyone is assuming it is -- rust free -- and without photos the owner has presented no actual proof.

That car is about 30 miles from my house. I have lived in Orlando for 34 years and have never seen this car. It looks great.

York, it's worth checking out more thoroughly. Maybe Gbare02tii can look at it for you, or look on bimrs.org for a mechanic in the area to inspect it. The car looks correct, and if I were interested, would gladly pay $80-100 for an independent third party condition appraisal.

Andrew Wilson

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this