jgerock

Vintage (NC) meet registration.

20 posts in this topic Last Reply

C'mon folks. Only 163 registrants so far?? We need to beat last year.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.status/uidEvent/8B4A8128-CF5D-DA67-131DF6EB3D42FB54

There's beer this year instead of wine! There will be Spaten girls at their booth/tent!

We will be giving away free advice on any Vintage BMW you want to buy!

Clay W. and Paul W. are circulating rumours about the "battle of the patina'd cars".

Jim Denker will be showing off his Dukes of Hazzard driving skills by circling a large tree and scaring local cows (again!).

Mike Self will be busy amassing ideas for future Roundel articles.

Jason Gipson will give out business cards for suspension rebuilding services.

Start saving your money by taking your lunch to work every day. PB&J isn't so bad - you get used to it.

My wife loved the Vinyard setting, she is not so big on going this year do to the change. maybe next year....

My wife loved the Vinyard setting, she is not so big on going this year do to the change. maybe next year....

That's what I was scared of. Jen and I are still going but it will be different than years past. I'm sure it will be wonderful. Festmiester won't let us down I'm sure.

John

We drove my wife's 2002 on the 11 hour drive and had a blast. I am sure we will be there next year with both 2002's :)...I hope!

Two years ago I made it to the Vintage without my car and am dying to get back. While the setting will play a part, the real draw to the event is the people you get to talk and interact with. I'd stand in a Walmart parking lot to hang out with the folks I've met through this forum.

Looking forward to being there....

Todd

I'd stand in a Walmart parking lot to hang out with the folks I've met through this forum.

Yea Man!

John

I agree with you and once a month the local 02 guys get together in a parking lot and talk shop. It is hard to think of driving a restored 2002 with tons of track mods and no A/C, 11 hours and spend over 1k to hang out in a parking lot and talk shop.I know it is going to be an amazing event with lots to do and see, no doubt!

My wife has a 2002 that she built and put tons on time, money,blood sweat and tears into and is totally into it, but still, we have to decide where to spend our time and money. That Weekend is also our anniversary so there needs to be some what of a romantic, vacation element to it for us. I am sure we will be in a better place to come next year but for us we just can't get pumped up about the trip due to the location change. If I was a single guy and had unlimited funds I would make the trip but I need to keep my wife in mind and respect what she wants as well. Remember, If Mamma isn't happy, nobody is happy! I am lucky that I have a wife that is into 2002's and I want to keep it that way. Hope to see you next year!

We were at Vintage last year with my first 02 only 10 days after it was running in over 5 or 6 years! What a road trip. It was an amazing to see alll the cars and meet some great people. I would encourage anyone who hasnt been.. you have got to check this meet out!

However this year WE wont be making it up. Although I love me some great german beer and much as I do some wine, not into the whole downtown / art district thing. I see enough of building and pavement every day. The venue change combined with limitation on time off and funds has us going in another direction this year. Maybe next year :)

First of all let me say that my comments are not and were not pointed towards anyone individually. The diversity of this forum is what makes it great and one's attendance at a particular event is no way to decide who is worthy.

Scott has always done a great job organizing this event. I'm looking forward to the event. I hope that everyone who can make it does.

If someone hasn't been to this event or any other you should try to attend.

Todd

First of all let me say that my comments are not and were not pointed towards anyone individually. The diversity of this forum is what makes it great and one's attendance at a particular event is no way to decide who is worthy.

Scott has always done a great job organizing this event. I'm looking forward to the event. I hope that everyone who can make it does.

If someone hasn't been to this event or any other you should try to attend.

Todd

If you can go, GO! We met some great people and saw some amazing car!

Hope to see everyone next year!

I registered early, but won't be able to make it this year. Health-related expenses for both my wife and I, uncertainty in the local economy, plus the fact that I have to spend about $2.5K to bring the Baur E21 to Puerto Rico (lost my storage in FL and sold both BMW's I had here in PR) were the contributing factors.

I know I'll be in a deep funk all during The Vintage weekend, but I hope that those of you that are going have more fun than ever and that you take lots of pics.

It's not in down town in the arts district. It's in Old Salem from what I understand.

http://www.oldsalem.org/

I'm sure Scot won't let us down. Even if he does, it won't be from lack of trying. This event had simply out grown the biggest winery and had to go somewhere. Just imagine, we will be able to go out to eat in someplace other than the (decent) Mexican joint!

We can't wait.

No the 2002 isn't done.

John

Bump!

Has anyone gotten a registration packet?

John