bjbarbieri

Quick video from autoX 4/17/11 (NEW video from 5/1/11 added)

13 posts in this topic Last Reply

My little red car kept up pretty well with the big boys. In some cases i was only a second or two behind nearly new performance cars. I'm thinking back seat delete, a rebuilt carb, and a sync link and I may be able to catch these guys if I can make up a second or two through the straight sections.

*Here's one from yesterday, May 1st...wet conditions made it tougher to keep the car planted, but it was a riot!*

Thanks for watching!

Awesome! What are the specs on your motor/exhaust?

leave the the back seat in,

use less brake,

yer a mile off your apexes -

and let it track out on exits - leaving alot of time

on the table

looked like a fun fast course

300px-Racing_line.svg.png

220px-Racing_line_s.png

Enjoyed that video . . . and good results. -KB

leave the the back seat in,

use less brake,

yer a mile off your apexes -

and let it track out on exits - leaving alot of time

on the table

looked like a fun fast course

Thanks for the critique. I appreciate the advice, and being that this was only my second Autocross I've done, I know I have a lot to learn. Playing racing video games can only help so much. Not making excuses for poor apexes, but it was unbelievably windy (gusting 40-50mph) plus the lot had some gravel and some wet areas, including the launch area which made it a little tricky to keep traction. I know on a totally dry course I could've pushed it more through the corners. I'll put up another video filmed from the top of the car so you can get more of an idea of the course, but I was pretty happy with my results. Really happy actually. The other racer's times can be found here:

http://racerslane.com/clubs/NORA%20-%20ASCC/seasons/4/events/2668#runs

So like I said, not bad considering most of the guys had way more experience autocrossing, and most of them had 35-40 years and 100 + horsepower on my car.

Awesome! What are the specs on your motor/exhaust?

Nothing fancy - bone stock M10, older weber 32/36, cooling system has all been replaced with new parts, pertronix electronic ignition...everything else I've done is underneath - Korman 22mm and 19mm sway bars, Ireland poly motor mounts, and poly bushings throughout, stock new brakes, s.s. lines, and the exhaust is an ANSA center exit.

Here's another run, not as quick as the first one...but my times did get better each run - so that's a start I guess?

I apologize for the funny music on this one...the wind noise was over-powering and annoying, and I wanted to throw this together fast.

get rid of the music on race videos. its annoying, can't hear engine or tires working.

also suggest putting camera on inside of back window so you can see your hand movement and line.

nice long course!

get rid of the music on race videos. its annoying, can't hear engine or tires working.

also suggest putting camera on inside of back window so you can see your hand movement and line.

nice long course!

Oh, I know...the only reason I threw the music on there was because the wind noise was so over-powering and annoying, you couldn't hear the engine or tires anyway....plus I'm still learning my way around my video editing software and wanted to try it....

I need a proper camera mount to get my hands in view. I took one run putting it on the trunk deck through the back window, but you can't see much besides the backs of the headrests and helmets...it still looks pretty cool, and you can hear the exhaust note really well. This was my first event of the year, and only my second to date, so I'll keep working on it.

video is fun to play with. suction cup mounts let you play with a bunch of viewpoints.

keep doing the auto-x's....then start doing the track days....you are now on the slippery slope to addiction! :-)

Here's one more....it's an interesting angle, but hard to see the course....

My wife was having a good time!