eurotrash

1972 Tii Suspension Restoration

36 posts / 10735 viewsLast Reply

Remember I mentioned in '17 that the driver's side rocker needed replacing?  Well, that happened and much, much more!  Here are a few pics as a teaser - I will start a blog of this project in the new blog section, I think.  

Scott

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6385.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6386.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6389.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6415.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_63c8.jpg

• Like 1

Scott,

What's the time line for completion of the repairs? Be sure to have them weld & solder the the front fenders above the grills and paint behind the front grills black. Also when you re-sticker it don't make them too straight. These are the little things that make a huge difference. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, adawil2002 said:

What's the time line for completion of the repairs? 

Later in the month.

BTW, we're not messing with the nose.  We're thinking of it as the next phase.  It needs more work than the seams filled, let's put it that way.  That project would entail replacing those two "dog bones" on either side (behind the front fenders),  and working on the nose itself - pretty sure it took a bit of a hit on the driver's side at some point, so there needs to be a little work done on it from that perspective.  Plus it's a little rusty here and there.  

I'm just chunking through it as I can, vs. doing it all in one shot.  

Scott

14 minutes ago, adawil2002 said:

So this is happening in stages. So you are able to drive it, then next winter finish the rest.

Stages - that is correct.  This time around, we really did everything except the nose and a few other tiny things.  So the nose will not be as big of a project, we don't think.  All in all, I'm sure it will be pretty big.  

Not sure when I'll do the nose - might be a little ways down the road.  We'll see.  

Scott