///mChris

Video of the first start of my MS3x with e21 intake

14 posts / 1532 viewsLast Reply

Thats cool. I am working on a similar setup but with 318EFI. Why did you chose that intake over the 318? just curious, not critical

I did it mostly for style. I like the old look. I'm sure there I had some justification around plenum volume and runner length, but I can't recall the details now.

Mostly I just don't like the throttle body underneath. Also I have a tii air filter which I'll eventually adapt.

is it not idling properly? noticed you kept pushing the throttle, how does it idle with the Bosch ICV?

Very cool Chris! Where in Los Angeles are you located? I'm on the west side near Venice/Culver City.

I'd love to see how you got your throttle cable hooked up to your pedal. I hope to do the 318EFI conversion and that is one of the parts i haven't pre-solved yet.

-josh

The engine idles fine. I rev'd it mainly because I like the throaty sound it makes. I am still running on the base VE map. I haven't started autotuning it yet. The engine can idle on it's own without the 3 wire pwm idle valve. In fact mine is disabled until I finish the tuning.

One thing I know. It is MUCH smoother than the 45 DCOE's that I spent years tuning.

Dang, I found next winters project.......320i intake instead of my 318i! Definitely looks a lot better, more tii than anything! I should just be happy with what i've got...but what fun would that be?

Nice job

-Bryan

red73

Wow that is a beautiful thing. Great job! I sure do miss my 320i. I hope to see your car in person sometime.

Regards, Jess.

great job! What are you using for a cam sensor and where are you taking the cam reading?

I've toyed with that idea using MS2extra for sequential, possibly having something milled into the end of the cam since it's no longer being used and putting a sensor in the distributor plug. :)