14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

European Colors

randerson

Sierrabeige, as well as several other colors, were offered on the spongebob squaretail 1502's, not sold in North America. AFAIK, these colors weren't available on the 2002 in any market. Many, if not all, of these colors used on 1502's I've seen on early E21's - and likely other models produced around '75-'77, like the E12, etc.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/content/view/32/32/

was in the first couple of years. US 2002 cars were only offered in a few colors in '68 and 69: Granada, Nevada, Polaris, Baikal and Chamoix, while Euro cars were offered in the same color range as the 1600s.

Some US cars have shown up in other than those colors, and most if not all were US cars that were delivered in Europe--tourist, military or diplomatic. Max Hoffman only ordered the five colors above.

After 1970/71, US and Euro 2002s came in all the same colors.

mike

Sierrabeige, as well as several other colors, were offered on the spongebob squaretail 1502's, not sold in North America. AFAIK, these colors weren't available on the 2002 in any market. Many, if not all, of these colors used on 1502's I've seen on early E21's - and likely other models produced around '75-'77, like the E12, etc.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/content/view/32/32/

My first bimmer was a sierrabeige 1981 e21 back in 1996. For $300, I got ice cold AC, crazy tight handling and rock-solid reliability. But, alas, not enough room for a growing family. Sold it for $1,500 after two years...still miss it (wipes away a tear)...SOT