FS: 1974 bmw m42 turbo project

Thinkin bout selling the BMW project. Could use the money for something else ad have lost interest in the project so would be willing to part with it for the right offer.

this is what it started as:

DSC00045.jpg

last running point:

IMG_2609.jpg

and now the engine and transmission are removed.

with the project you get:

1 - 1974 BMW 2002

this is the car above. you get a solid shell that the rear quarters replaced in 2008. at the same time the car got new front fenders, rocker panels, turbo front spoiler, and turbo wheel arches. when going to replace the carpet last spring, we discover rust holes in the floor pans. this has not yet been attended to, but other than these holes, and a small spot on the nose(covered by spoiler). this is a rust free car. no rust in the rear fender wells at all.

suspension - both subframes have been sandblasted and por-15'd about 2 years ago. at the same time all bushing were replaced with polyurethane ones. new ground control sway bars, front and rear, Ireland Engineering stage 1 lowering springs, and a front strutbrace. 15x7 O.Z. Fittipaldi rims painted black with i believe Kuhmo x rated tires. all have about 5000 miles on them.

2- also included is a 2nd 1974 bmw 2002 parts car. you can have the whole thing or just the parts you want. good parts are 2 front fenders, doors, hood, nose panel, and trunk. the subframes are removed tho, so removal will be difficult.

*i have the original m10 motor and 4 speed from the first car that was in running condition when removed. can be taken with cars as well.

3- engine and transmission from 1994 BMW 318i. m42 motor and getrag 5 speed. the engine has been bored over and had forged pistons installed. compression ratio has been lowered to 8.5:1. head gasket is o'ring'd. all new bearings, rods, gaskets, and bolts. lightweight european 318i flywheel.

4- parts.

50mm tial BOV

used Bilstien shocks

brand new carpet set

CoilOverPlug Conversion

Honda CRX Seats (direct bolt in)

others i'm forgetting but will update later.

im asking $4500o.b.o for the car and everything else. i realize this is high for a project, but im not that motivated to sell the car. i have about 7k in it, so im really not willing to go much lower or i'll just keep it. just entertaining the idea for the right price. thanks.