Anyone using or looking to use a NTK UEGO based wb02

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am putting the techedge wb02. I know they ripped it off the DIY_WB group but I really wanted the ability to use my palm pilot to log Air fuel ratio vs RPM. The perfect tool for tuning my sidedrafts!

Guest Anonymous

By wideband I was refering to an O2 sensor with extended accuracy range. Common 02 sensors could be called "switching O2 sensors". Their response curve is really a crossover at stoich air fuel ratio (14.7 to 1). Above and bellow that they are not accurate. They are only capable of accurately indicating if you are rich or lean of stoichiometric, not how far from it you are. Problem is 14.7 to 1 is lean for performance. So just knowing you are rich of stoich does not do you much good for tuning accurately.

A standard 02 sensor can not be swaped out for 5 wire wideband sensors, and vice versa. The widebands need a controller to drive them.

Up until recently (last 6 mos or so) it was very easy, and cheap, to get a sensor that most of the controllers were based on. It is this sensor that I was posting about. Without it many controllers are useless.

Hth,

David - who is happy motec reads bosch WB02 sensors too ;)