anyone gutted the dizzi to get rid of timing advance

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am/have gutted one to rework it to produce a sync signal for the efi controller i am going to use. if you want to keep it as a distributor but not advance, you will need to lock the 2 parts. I am not sure what the recommended way of doing this is, but I believe epoxy might just do it. I have not pulled the shaft out yet to see what is really going on, just removed the top plate and attached tid bits to exposed the counterweights below.

It is pretty easy to disassemble to this point. Pushing the gear pin out will probably be the most difficult part of disassembly. Give me a couple of days if you want a further report.

If that has nothing to do with what you are looking for, sorry ;)

Guest Anonymous

I took a quick look see at the dizzy. If you only want to lock the weights from moving, there is no need to remove the pin.

Real quick. Remove cap, remove vacuum mechanism, condensor etc. remove the two screws hold the clips in for the distributor cap. At this point I would make note of where the 'plate' is located within the housing (plate being where the points attach to). I am not sure if it can go back in one way, or multiple and possibly wrong ways. With those two screws out, the plate can be removed exposing the weights and springs. There will be two springs attached to posts. Remove the springs and figure out a way to lock each pair of posts together. Such as a piece of metal with 2 holes in it to keep the pins at a set distance apart. Or maybe even saftey wire.

Guest Anonymous

You can remove the inspection plate on the side and bend over the stop tabs down on the weights.That works fine.If you mig it,be fast be carefull.Too much heat and you fry the bushings.Not hot enough,and you'll have scrapnel comin out.Don't ask!