14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Turbo spoiler and flares

SaintJeff

Every car I look at is different. Mine is a 75 and the distance from the top of the flare on a REAL Turbo is almost nil and on all others it is not consistant. I also guess that I'll have to trim either the dam or the flares and I don't want to screw them up as they are not cheap from the factory.

I ordered a flare and spoiler kit from a big name 02 shop which shall remain nameless and it came with a factory air dam and aftermarket flares, so I ordered factory flares and it appears that I may have to do some trimming. My biggest problem is do I set the flares like most of the factory ones I see or do I try putting the air dam on and mateing the flares to it.

The silber one appears to be a Turbo but the rubber looks different than that they used on Jack's concours car. I think that I am getting close to seeing how it is done. I think that the factory cars had the flares at the top of the fender and then mated to the air dam like the Silber one you show. I really appreciate all of the help. If I can figure out how to put pic's up I'll show you guys what I'm doing. That mateing joint is the part that I can see better in the Silber pic. Thanks