tii exhaust questions

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.marsmann.com/2002tii/

simple 3 parter:

1. Do all tii center resonators "cross" over the driveshaft? Any difference in years (72-74)

2. How close (in inches?) should the back of the center resonator section be to the driveshaft itself?

3. Other than the flange/bolts that bind the center resonator to the front downpipe and the inlet to the rear muffler, is there anything else to hold up the center piece in the middle?

TIA

Guest Anonymous

02_jacked_up_T.jpg

Mars,

I just did this.

1- Not sure about all but my 73tii's DOES cross over.

2- I don't know the exact spec on this but it should be clear enough to not rub the ds.

3- No other brackets/supports are used for the resonator - I guess the downpipe and muffler give it all the support it needs.

Good luck!

Sako

Guest Anonymous

The bracket at the back of the tranny supports the downpipe securely, so those three wimpy bolts will hold up the resonator properly. Without that bracket, the system won't last long.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

I think this is more about your #2 question: I've had to fiddle with exhaust quite a bit to get it not to knock the center tunnel on hard right turns. Basically, I get everything tight then loosen the center res. just enough so that it will twist if you grab it. I then get it in what seems like a good position clearance-wise and shake everything left-right and see if it touches. If it seems good, tighten it down and take a test drive. Re-adjust as necessary.

HTH,

-Will

'74 tii polaris