Distributor rebuilding services....yes, I searched the

Mike Self

archives but couldn't find the references.

I recall two companies mentioned: one is Advanced Distributors in Minnesota, but I can't remember the other. Perhaps there were more than two.

One or both offered not only rebuilding but also recurving to match a hotter cam, higher compression etc.

Suggestions, success stories etc?

TIA

mike

Street or race car, Mike? If race (or close) I've had a few customized by a hot rod distributor guru local to me with great results. (He also does custom curves for carbureted 02's and re-sets Tii distributors, though not work he (nor I) push hard for as we keep busy with the performance stuff).

Email if interested for more info.

Mike,

Both Zac Cardinal and I have used Jeff S. at Advanced Distributors to redo our tii dizzy's. I have been very happy with my recurved 008 unit. The old one was simply worn out.

Yes, I am running "old school" points and condensor in my car. Have a Pertronix standing by when I feel like messing with it.

how much did it cost you, if you dont mind ?

how much did it cost you, if you dont mind ?

Pat - mine was $ 109.00 + $ 10.00 freight.

Note that it does not include a new rotor, points, condensor nor o-ring.

Jeff will recurve it to your specs (compression, fuel type, induction, etc.). He will ship it back with instructions where to set the initial advance.

Jim

thats way much cheaper than i thought...

the only thing on the engine that hasn't either been rebuilt or replaced, and even though it's a street DD, I'd still like to take advantage of the 284 Schrick, those 9.5 pistons and smoothed out intake and enhaust manifolds with a recurved mechanical advance. And yes, I'll keep the vacuum advance dizzy.

I'll letcha know how everything comes out.

mike