Rust Proofing Interior Paint

zdealey

Hey folks,

My project is coming along and I'd like to strip the 40 year old sound proofing mess out of my interior and throw a heavy coat of rust proof paint down. I've noticed folks have been using black or aircraft-looking grey paint in the interior. Does anyone have a suggestion on the brand to use? Thanks!

I just went through a quart of Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator and I like it a lot. Easy to apply and has a nice shiny finish to it (not that you will see it). All you have to do is get rid of the loose rust and any oil/grease. I have used POR15 in the past and liked it okay.

red anti-rust paint. Did the frame on my Nissan pickup truck after welding up the rust and the paint was still intact after six Ohio winters with no topcoat. This is the stuff they use on ships and bridges in salt water...

Main drawback--only available in gallons. But it isn't terribly expensive ($25/gal last time I bought some) and very effective.

mike

Thank you for the feedback. That's a bargain compared to the other products ($50 a quart!). Yup, I'm looking forward to putting the angle grinder to use and slop'n the rust coating around. Considering the only thing that I plan on relieving me of my02 is death, I might as well (re)build her to last :-)

Z